What is really important? Why?
Life on this earth is short (James 4: 14 - 15, Psalm 39: 4
5, Psalm 144: 4)
What do these verses say about what is valuable:
Matthew 6: 25 - 34
Luke 9: 23 - 25
I Corinthians 10: 31
Philippians 3: 8 - 10
Temporal vs. Eternal (II Corinthians 4: 16 - 5: 10)
"Let temporal things serve .your use, but the eternal be the object of your
desire. " Thomas a Kempis
Terminal Thinking vs. Relational Thinking
Time Management -Being a good steward of your time
so you can bring glory to God.
1. There is time to do everything God wants us to do.
(Ecc.3: 1, John 17: 4)
2. We are to use our time wisely. (Ephesians 5: 15 - 16)
3. We are held accountable for the time, talent and money
that God gives us to manage.
(Matthew 25: 14 - 30)
4. Time: Can not be stopped. (Time we waste is gone
Can not be stored. (Can not carry over any surplus.)
Can not be stretched. (It is not possible to do everything.
We must choose the best.)
5. Plan long range with your overall objectives and
priorities in mind. What do you want to accomplish in life? How can I best
6. Schedule your time. (Each week) This helps you implement
List activities, assess priorities, put it in your
Allow more time than your think you'll need, include time
to relax, know yourself
7. Follow your schedule. "The fruit of the Spirit is
...self -control.. " Galatians 5: 22 - 23
Be sensitive to God's leading. Make changes when
8. Typical Time wasters: Sleeping Too Much, Watching too
much TV, talking too long with Friends, etc
Want Better Grades?
Always Go to class. Listen aggressively. Take good notes.
Determine the class objectives. (So you will study what is
Always turn in homework.
Find help for your weaknesses.
Memorize Key facts.
Memorize Scripture consistently (Joshua 1: 8)
Permission is granted to use this Bible Study outline for personal study and small groups only.
Study written by Bob Krepps © 1989 all rights reserved
Bible Study Resources
Home | Bob | Ministry | Talks